Booking

terms and conditions

BOOKING A TRIP WITH FAROE TOURS

 

Booking a trip with Faroe Tours is easy.

ONLINE BOOKINGS (Fly&drive, Regular guided tours and Photography workshop)

1. Fill the online form in the page of the trip you want to book.

2. We will confirm the booking within 24 hours (monday to friday). You'll get an email from us.

3. Payment in DKK (Danish Krone) by bank transfer to our account in the Faroe Islands.

4. Confirmation payment is 40% of the total cost. Remaining 60% is paid to the same account 1 month before departure.

5. All travel documents necesssary will be sent by e-mail no later than 14 days before the trip begins.

E-MAIL BOOKINGS (Private guided tours)

1. Send us an email to info@faroetours.com explaining your travel idea.

2. Our travel agents will reply within 24 hours (monday to friday). You'll get an email from us.

3. Payment in DKK (Danish Krone) by bank transfer to our account in the Faroe Islands.

4. Confirmation payment is 40% of the total cost. Remaining 60% is paid to the same account 1 month before departure.

5. All travel documents necesssary will be sent by e-mail no later than 14 days before the trip begins.

Before travelling

The trip starts when you have booked it. Enjoy it from the beginning!

1. We send our travellers a wide selection of PDFs with all types of informations about travelling in the Faroe Islands.

2. Remember to have your Passport ready and not expired. Check if you need a Visa to travel to the Faroe Islands (Click here).

3. Clothing. Most visitors find the climate in the Faroe Islands is surprisingly mild. Because of the Gulf Stream temperatures reach 15 degrees C in the summer to 6 degrees degrees C in the summer to 6 degrees C in the winter. It is recomended to pack watertight and windproof jacket, hat and sweater, e.g. for sailing trips. If you intend to go hiking in the mountains we recommend to pack wollen jumper, rubber boots or waterproof hiking boots for mountain walking. Dressing in layers is always a good idea. Always remember to bring sunglasses and sun lotion if you visit during the summer. A camera and binoculars are essential to bring back memories of the fantastic scenery, to really enjoy the view and for birdwatching!

4. Any doubt? we are here to help. Send us an e-mail to info@faroetours.com if you have any doubt.

Travelling to the Faroe Islands

We recommend you to check the information provided online by Visit Faroe Islands (Click here). You will find updated data about custom regulations, currency, health, passport and Visa and many more.

 

BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS

We have written some basic Terms and Conditions to make your booking contract with us not complicated to understand.

Feel free to contact us if you have any doubts.

This booking terms and conditions are valid from october 1st, 2020.

Contract

Agreements are binding on both parties once a deposit or the payment required by Faroe Tours has been paid.

By paying the deposit, clients confirm that they accept this terms and conditions.

Products from other operators

The products and trips in this website are sometimes arranged by Faroe Tours in cooperation with faroese local travel operators.

Special terms and conditions from these local operators (for example a ferry operator) may also apply.

Deposit/final payment

·A deposit payment for the 40% of the total amount of the booking is due on confirmation.

·The remaining price of the trip must be paid no later than 30 days before the departure date.

·Bank transfer costs are paid by the client.

·Clients will receive all necessary travel documents no later than 14 days before departure.

·Faroe Tours does not send payment reminders for unpaid bookings. The booking will be cancelled if the payment does not reach Faroe Tours by the due date specified in the confirmation. If the guest does not pay in time, this will be regarded as a de facto cancellation of the booking, at which time the rules governing cancellation will apply.

Bank account for payments (DKK)
IBAN Account number: FO1764600006015486
BIC code: FIFBFOTX

Bank: Bank Nordik

Bank address: Oknarvegur 5, P.O. Box 3048, FO-110 Torshavn

Company: Sp/f Faroe Tours
Address: PO Box 1307, 110 Tórshavn, Faroe Islands

ID: 638722

Tel.: +298 582333
Email: info@faroetours.com

Cancellations/Changes

·All binding bookings will be subject to a fee in case of cancellation:

·45 days or more before the start of the trip, no cost, the deposit is refunded.

·44 - 0 days before the start of the trip, the total price of the trip is lost.

·Cancellations must be made in writing to us (an e-mail to info@faroetours.com) to be valid.

·A cancellation fee applies in all cases. The cancellation fee is 500 DKK per traveller.

·The date of a Day Tour can be changed at no cost if the new date is available.

·A fee for changing ferries or other services already booked may apply.

Failure to appear/unused services etc.

If clients fail to cancel a trip and/or fail to appear at the time and place stated for departure, or if clients are unable to complete the trip due to problems related to travel documents (valid passport, required visa, etc.), the organiser is entitled to charge the full price of the trip concerned. If clients fail to appear for trips or fail to use the services that have been ordered in any other way, no compensation for such unused services may be claimed.

Travel insurance

Clients are themselves responsible for covering the costs of illness, admission to hospital etc. during a trip -unless the organiser can be held responsible.

Consequently, we strongly advise clients to buy a travel insurance covering the costs of accidents or death, treatment of illnesses, transport home and loss/damage of luggage.

Personal data

The guest consents, through payment, to the processing of personal data by Faroe Tours. We will respect your privacy at all times.

The data will not be shared with third parties, but some external operators (like fishing tours) might need the traveller data too.

Complaints

Complaints have to be made during or immediately after completion of the tour.

Complaints can be made to info@faroetours.com.

If the guest and Faroe Tours fail to reach agreement during negotiations, they may approach a public court of law.

Contact information

·Sp/f Faroe Tours

·PO Box 1307, 110 Tórshavn, Faroe Islands
·ID (V-Tal) 638722

·Tel.: +298 582333

·Email: info@faroetours.com

  • Facebook - White Circle
  • Instagram - White Circle
  • TripAdvisor - círculo blanco

All the photos on this website are copyrighted material and all rights are reserved and belong to Faroe Tours

©Sp/f Faroe Tours · Tórshavn · Faroe Islands · ID (V-Tal) 638722

BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS

AGENT AREA